KUNJUNGI WEB SAYA

Internet Marketing Or Internet Selling ?

I thought I would create this Blog post to give some thoughts on the GURUs NIGHTMARE report I read last night.

I have been learning and applying Internet Marketing for over a year now.  I have this Blog which I post to occasionally, I have a Subscriber List which is growing at a steady rate and I now know a lot of very good marketers which I can learn from and which we can leverage from each other.

I also make a bit of money out of this, not a huge amount but I haven’t really been focussed on the monetisation aspect of it – the last thing I want to do is to shove loads of paid offers down the throats of my subscribers as it is of my belief that

….whilst I am trying to ultimately make a living out of this, I am fully aware that I must deliver content and value to my subscribers in order that they can learn from me and move forward, we are Internet Marketers – NOT Internet Sellers.

With that in mind, those of you who may have read my previous Blog post will know that from 1 April I will be Ad Swapping no more than once per week on my main list and striving to provide content and value the rest of the time, with the odd promotion if its is worthy of course.

So my subscribers will receive an offer, perhaps an email pointing them to a Blog post like this in order that they can learn and the odd promotion to a new product launch, so really all in all you are looking at 6-8 emails per month.

I see several marketers churn out offer and after offer day after day, which they are using to drive traffic and build lists.  I fear that there are so many people doing this now that email marketing is going to become less and less effective…

I get the feeling that this has become the method of choice for many marketers and the pure focus on building a list without providing value is not going to pay off for most – having a big list is great but if your clicks are only the same as with a list the quarter of the size it seems pointless to use this approach.


To illustrate my point I will swap daily for a limited time on another parallel list with another offer, having 2 strategies working side by side.

One to provide content
…and the other to churn offer after offer like many other marketers do.
Now for the Marketing bit. Alex Jeffreys who has now mentored 100s of people including myself has released a report, GURUS NIGHTMARE only yesterday.

I sat there last night and read the whole thing through, it took about 2 hours after putting the kids to bed so I has finished by around 10:30 PM.

There is a lot of background information in there – most of which I was already aware of but the thing that jumped out and hit me most was Alex’s description of marketing – this is the part of the puzzle I believe most people are missing.

Once you take in the background stuff and ignore the fact that there are plenty of spelling typos you will see that there is a heck of a lot of marketing wisdom in this report

To quote something Alex has borrowed from Wipikedia as a definition of marketing

“Marketing is the process by which companies determine what products or services may be of interest to customers, and the strategy to use in sales, communications and business development.

It is an integrated process through which companies create value for customers and build strong customer relationships in order to capture value from customers in return.

Marketing is used to identify the customer, to keep the customer and to satisfy the customer. With the customer as the focus of its activities, it can be concluded that marketing management is one of the major components of business management.

The evolution of marketing was caused due to mature markets and overcapacities in the last 2-3 centuries. Companies then shifted the focus from production to the customer in order to stay profitable.

The term marketing concept holds that achieving organizational goals depends on knowing the needs and wants of target markets and delivering the desired satisfactions.

It proposes that in order to satisfy its organizational objectives, an organization should anticipate the needs and wants of consumers and satisfy these more effectively than competitors”.

In a nutshell I believe the definition states that marketing is a way of connecting with and meeting the aspirations of the customer by creating value.

So basically, there is a whole IM industry of turn key businesses in a box out there to which site owners promise that all you have to do is copy this process, put your Paypal button on the site and you will make 1000s of $ etc which most of us know is pure BS.

Anyone can learn to put together a website and a process but they don’t tell you how to position yourself in the marketplace and do the things that define marketing.

So I am going to borrow one more sentence from this report which defines marketing how Alex sees it:

“To create a sales, you need to use social proof via your marketing, to close a sale, you need to overcome prospect procrastination, through scarcity and urgency”

Overall, I believe there are two functions to Internet marketing which need to be separated out:

1.  The first is to know how to design your business model so you know how business works in a way that is as automated as possible and take action of course.

2. The second is to know how to meet your customers aspirations without peddling too many offers in front of them, for example I could show you  today how to build a list from nothing, I have put together 3 web pages yesterday at midday sent out 3 or 4 emails and have so far added close to 150 new subscribers for very little effort once set up – this is building, but to market to these leads moving forward is the missing piece of the puzzle for many.

Alex has always said that he has the right people around him to build websites, optimize SEO etc, and it does take a lot of time and effort so he can spend his time MARKETING rather than building things.

People like myself don’t have this luxury to use other people but since being coached last year I have always tried to bin the fiddly time consuming tasks unless they are really important and concentrate on the things that matter.

So my marketing thus far has been learning how to build things like blogs and lists etc and sharing this but I believe it is now time for me to think about marketing properly.

If anyone who is reading this post is of the same thought then you can download GURUs NIGHTMARE here.

Alex is inviting people to a free private webinar in the first week of April how to run a Marketing Campaign which you will be invited to just for leaving a comment on his Blog post,

…..  not to mention the competition for FREE coaching offered to the 5 best comments left on his blog post.

Anyone reading this blog post, please leave a comment below letting me know what your aspirations are including where you think you need help and what you would expect to see from me in future – this will help me shape what I can do for you in future.

Also anyone interested in Marketing themselves as opposed to just Selling – this report is worth you putting a couple of hours aside in a quiet room and having a read of GURUS NIGHTMARE.

Happy reading!

Author : Peter
Previous
Next Post »
2 Komentar
avatar

azhar hello, thank you have posted a good note for marketing. always healthy for you.

Balas
avatar

gan, kalau boleh usul ni, jangan dikasih lagu ya, aq sudah putar lagu sendiri tiap kali online, jadi biar tidak terganggu ni, selain itu, jadi berat ni blog km!!!

Balas

Terimakasih telah berkomentar