KUNJUNGI WEB SAYA

Hydronitrogen Blog

An awesome angry techblog about cool stuff and miscellaneity.

Slackware 13.0 and 13.1 Multilib Quick and Easy Script

I’ve been wanting to set up multilib on my 64bit Slackware box for a while but I kept hesitating because I would look at the instructions on alien’s slackbook wiki and it would look far too complicated for me. Finally I took up the daunting task only to realize it was much easier than I thought. So, for this tutorial, you need two things, a working Slackware 13.0 or 13.1 system (I’m on stable, I don’t know if it will work on current. Possibly) and an internet connection. All the URL’s I’m going to use will be for a 13.1 system, if you’re on 13.0 just change the URL’s to fit.

First download all the packages from alien’s repository.
wget -r -l1 --no-parent http://connie.slackware.com/~alien/multilib/13.1/

cd connie.slackware.com/~alien/multilib/13.1/

sudo upgradepkg --reinstall --install-new *.t?z
This sets up your system as “multilib enabled.” Next you need to download, and install the compat32 packages that allow 32 bit applications to run on your system. Doing this on 13.0 and 13.1 is different. On 13, you download the packages like so and then install them:
wget -r --no-parent http://connie.slackware.com/~alien/multilib/13.0/slackware64-compat32/

cd connie.slackware.com/~alien/multilib/13.0/slackware64-compat32/

sudo installpkg *-compat32/*.t?z
On 13.1 massconvert.sh does all the work for you.
sudo massconvert32.sh -u ftp://slackware.oregonstate.edu/pub/slackware/slackware-13.0/slackware

sudo installpkg *-compat32/*.t?z
And that’s all there is to it! Now your system is 32 bit compatible! 32 bit applications should run out of the box, and if you want to compile one just run:
. /etc/profile.d/32dev.sh
Note the dot before. BUT, if you’re building a SlackBuild though please read this note from alien’s wiki.
Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar

Terimakasih telah berkomentar